Pre-2006
The old forum was a treasure trove of OJ and EC related topics and discussion.

Was it archived or was it lost?

Edwyn and Grace added their input quite often and of course was where Edwyn's illness was first discussed.

If it is somewhere in Cyberspace, it would be great to be able to read through it again and have it as a researchable resource.

Views: 357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Simon
Chris has it archived... it's coming, I promise.
Grace
Thanks Grace
I appreciate the old forum hasn't been top of anyone priorities for a quite a few years, but as normality returns I was hoping the old forum would return too.
I've been banging on about it too Simon. I will resume. The old forum is very precious to me. There are Edwyn posts, both under his name and a couple of weird pseudonyms. But especially, there are all the messages of support which sustained me through the rotten time. I could read it now, from our wonderful place of restoration, and not feel pain, just gratitude.
I was talking to a regular contributor to the old forum today, who said there is enough in the old forum to write another book.
Charting the post Girl Like You years to Edwyn's illness.
Some of the threads were so funny.
Edwyn at his witty best.
Some of contributors were real characters.
Not as good looking as the current site but excellent value.
...and was it REALLY Peter Andre who contributed every now and then?
That was Seb's alter ego for ages! He had a thing about Peter Andre. We even have an original doll in the studio, complete with six pack...
...little did he know that Mr Andre would leap back into the public domain with his totally Insania marrage to old wotzername and the forum would get flooded by deranged pre-teens dissin each other, innit! He must have laughed long and hard...
And who was DAFT??? Was there a Dr DAFT?
I'm sure Edwyn posted under Dr Daft and also Charles.
I promise I'm not Dr Daft. Where did he go, I wonder?
I think "Baz" (I later found out it was Edwyn) made the first comment on there, something about Morrisey. That lead onto comments from Mary Morrisey, Mr Moss, Uncle Festa.... great reading.

RSS

THE AED BOUTIQUE

All things EDWYN and AED, NOW ON SALE:

BADBEA, THE NEW LONG PLAYER BY EDWYN COLLINS

ENTER THE ART DEPARTMENT, 

COALS TO NEWCASTLE

and much, much more. . . 

TWITTER

Music

Paused...
    Lean Period
    A Sad Lament
    Witchcraft
    Low Expectations
    What Presence_!
    The Measure of the Man
    One Is a Lonely Number
    Campaign for Real Rock

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Blog Posts

Life and Career of Edwyn Collins by Magic Learning

Posted by Richard Buckner on July 8, 2021 at 14:49 0 Comments

Edwin Collins is a world-renowned musician, powerful baritone vocalist, guitarist, music producer and television producer, and actor who has appeared in 15 feature films. In 2007 a documentary film was made about the singer. I have written numerous…

Continue

How to Increase Quality Score in Google Ads?

Posted by Ellie Singh on June 23, 2021 at 18:38 0 Comments

Quality Score

Quality Scores for each term are checked in Google Ads. A quality Score is a number in web search Advertisements such as Google that combines past results and the relevance of your advertising, keywords, and…

Continue

Best PPC Strategies for Your Ecommerce Site in 2021

Posted by Ellie Singh on June 7, 2021 at 9:30 0 Comments

Because of the increased competition, you must use advanced or cutting-edge strategies for ecommerce website.

You may be wondering why your ecommerce website requires pay-per-click (PPC) advertising if it ranks for keywords organically. While you work on organic rankings, PPC advertising can help you generate traffic to your…

Continue

Cuban culture

Posted by Robyn Cross on April 8, 2021 at 17:49 0 Comments

Cuban culture is diverse mostly due to the influence of Asian, French, African, and Spanish migrants. The country has produced many eminent artists in various areas, including theater, dance, ballet, film, and literature. The Cuban population reflects a mix of cultures that happily live together and cooperate with each other for the common benefit. Cubans have undergone significant transformation since the revolutionary era, and the government has started…

Continue

Events

Forum

Roddy Frame Toppermost

Started by Andrew Shields in General Discussion. Last reply by Zorida Oyen yesterday. 1 Reply

Last of the 'Postcard' series:http://www.toppermost.co.uk/roddy-frame/Continue

general talk

Started by craig wood in General Discussion. Last reply by Zorida Oyen yesterday. 1 Reply

hey guys!whats new  hope everyone is doing okay.Continue

Randy Travis

Started by Andrew Shields in General Discussion. Last reply by Zorida Oyen yesterday. 1 Reply

Thought this might be of interest:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HN0_w48xgQContinue

Aztec Camera Toppermost

Started by Andrew Shields in General Discussion. Last reply by Zorida Oyen yesterday. 2 Replies

Thought this might be of interest to Forum membershttp://www.toppermost.co.uk/aztec-camera/Continue

© 2021   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service